Things To Do This Weekend in Downtown Frederick!
Downtown Frederick is for lovers this weekend as love is filling the streets, shops and restaurants in the spirit of Valentine's Day! Don't have a lover? No problem, grab a friend and come downtown anyways because this weekend is full of fun festivities.
Friday | February 12, 2016: |
- Civil War Medicine...It's Not What You Think: Era of Heroic Medicine | 5:30-7:30PM | National Museum of Civil War Medicine | Board President Betsy Estilow will open a new four-part lecture series with a presentation on the Era of Heroic Medicine. Join us for an opening reception at 4:30PM preceding the lecture! Click here for more information!
- Stupid F%$#King Bird -- Opening Gala | 7:00PM | Maryland Ensemble Theatre | Attend the opening gala of this irreverent, contemporary, and very funny remix of Chekhov's The Seagull, by Aaron Posner as he stages a timeless battle between young and old, past and present, in search of the true meaning of it all. The show will tickle, tantalize, and incite you to consider how art, love and revolution fuel your own pursuit of happiness. Tickets are $26 for adults and $22 for students/seniors. Get your tickets here!
Saturday | February 13, 2016: |
- Juanito Pascual New Flamenco Trio | 8:00-10:00PM | Weinberg Center for the Arts | Come out to watch this "flamenco phenom" heatup the stage at the Weinberg! With both traditional and contemporary influences ranging from Jimi Hendrix and Miles Davis to Bach! You won't want to miss out on this rockin' time! For more information + ticket purchasing, click here.
Sunday | February 14, 2016: |
- Zing by Cecelia Battle Jewelry Show | 1:00-3:00PM | The Muse | Cecelia Battle will be showing off her latest collection featuring set druzy stones and mixed metal. Just in time for Valentine's Day--what better time to find a gift for that special someone!
- Lunch Date | You pick the time and place! | With over 50 eateries to chose from downtown, why not grab a friend and go for lunch at a local restaurant! There have been many recent grand openings, so pick a place and fill up on the yummy goodness!
- James and The Giant Peach | 1:30-3:30PM | Maryland Ensemble Theatre | The classic tale, told by James himself is hitting the stage of the MET this Saturday and Sunday. Great event for all ages. Tickets $14. For more information + ticket purchasing, click here.
Don't forget to bundle up--this weekend is going to be a cold one! So grab your coat, gloves & scarf and walk around downtown--and don't forget to grab a coffee or hot chocolate at a local cafe while you're walking around downtown!
- Valentine's Day Tango Introductory Class | 3:00-4:00PM | Skuare Burger | Come and learn the first steps on dancing Tango, the romantic and sensual Argentinean dance! Must RSVP--by phone 240.770.0350! Click here for more information!
- Valentine's Day Three Course Meal | All Weekend | the Wine Kitchen | Indulge in this romantic and eloquent three course meal with your loved one while sipping on perfectly paired wines during each course. Regular menu still available. Click here to view the special Valentine's Day menu.
- St. Valentine's Celebration | Starting at 4:00PM | Brewer's Alley | Share the special evening with your special someone at a very special place! Brewer's will be celebrating the love and romance all night long, including a special three course Valentine's Day menu. Regular menu still available. Click here to view the special Valentine's Day menu.
Be sure to document all your weekend fun and share the love with us by using our hashtags!
#DowntownFrederick + #GetItDowntown